Family Ukulele Workshops
Intro to the Ukulele; Absolute Beginners Description:
Playing the ukulele is fun and easy! In this introduction workshop, you’ll quickly progress on a path to musical happiness! This workshop is designed for the parent and child. Best for ages 5-10. During this workshop you and your child (with your help) will learn:
- Learn how to hold your ukulele.
- Learn which fingers to use when strumming.
- Learn one, two and three finger chords in the key of C major.
- Learn how to read a ukulele chord chart.
- Learn several basic strumming patterns.
- Learn how to transition between chords.
- Learn what the four strings of a ukulele are tuned to.
- Learn a few easy songs by the end of the workshop.
- Learn the basics of singing and playing the ukulele at the same time.